Monday, December 24, 2012

Nexxus Keraphix Restorative Strength Conditioner- A Review

Hey lovelies! If you've been following my blog for awhile then you know that I have major issues with my hair because of my PCOS and finding the right routine and the right products is absolutely crucial. I first tried Nexxus brand products in my September 2012 Birchbox, I sampled packets of the Pro-Mend line, including shampoo, conditioner and split end binding leave in treatment. I really, really enjoyed these products so I put Nexxus on my buy list.

I visited Ulta a little while back with a new conditioner in mind, I passed my usual John Freida Frizz Ease and came right over to Nexxus. Unfortunately, they were all out of the Pro-Mend conditioner so I started reading the bottles and finally walked away with this one because it seemed like the best fit, even more so than the Pro-Mend. As far as first impressions go, there are immediately two things that I dislike about this product, number one is the price (youch to the wallet!) at $18.99, this is the most expensive of their conditioners. Luckily, I had a few coupons so that brought down the price a bit. My second dislike is the smell, it is not pleasant and it is VERY strong but I will say that neither of those points are a complete deal breaker for me as long as I love the product.

This conditioner is supposed to contain keratin amino acids, collagen, nutrients, antioxidants and UV protectors. Sounds amazing right? Well, I do like the conditioner but I don't think it's necessarily worth the price tag for me. My $6 John Freida works just as well for 1/3 of the price. So sadly I won't be re-purchasing. It did make my hair soft but I didn't notice any extra hydration. I did however notice, a reduced amount of breakage with my hair so that was a big plus. It's not that this conditioner is bad, it's just that as pricier product I think my expectations may have run a bit high. I might take another shot at the Nexxus brand again in the future, like the Pro-Mend for example but for right now, I'll use this up and then it's back to my trusty John Freida.

Much Love and Happy Holidays! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment