Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Smashbox 3 PC Bestseller Mini's (Ulta Exclusive Gift)


Ulta, must you keep me coming back with your awesome gifts? We all love freebies right? Well check this one out, because i'm really loving this promo lovelies. I placed a holiday order with ulta.com and in addition to receiving a nifty little beauty bag full of goodies, I received this as well. It's free with any $35 Smashbox purchase and I must say amazing. It comes with a makeup bag and includes samples of photofinish primer, lip enhancing gloss (sheer color version) and full exposure mascara. The samples are tiny but are still pretty good size and they are absolutely perfect for throwing in my makeup bag for class or any other sort of travel. This is a great way to try a few different products with enough uses to make a final decision about purchasing. There's nothing I hate more than a single use sample because it's almost impossible to form a solid opinion about it, especially with a high end brand item. No one wants to spend $30+ on something they may or may not end up loving.


 Photofinish and I are old friends. this was the first makeup primer that I ever used before I moved onto the NYX Shine Killer & Pore Filler versions. Even though i'm well acquainted with this product, i'm glad to see it and I will be sticking it in my on the go makeup bag. The size is 0.25 oz.

Shimmery lip products are not something that I normally go for, i'm a matte lip kind of girl but, I will say I've really been enjoying this lip gloss and it is absolutely chock-full of shimmer (seriously..it is) When used sparingly though, it creates a nice little sheen to my lips. I really like that it's non-sticky and pretty long lasting, I only use a couple of swipes and it stays on for hours. I can't see myself purchasing though only because gloss is something that I just don't use enough to buy, especially a high end one. The color I received was "Radiant". The size is 0.14 oz.

I had high hopes for this mascara but it did absolutely nothing for my lashes and when I say nothing, I mean it. My lashes were one micro step up from being completely natural. It separated my lashes nicely and I didn't have any clumps or flaking but, I suspect the reason for that is no matter how much I applied, the mascara just would not build up. Somehow, the fifth coat looked just like the first. The size is 0.14 oz.

Even though the mascara was a dud for me, i'm still happy about everything else. While they could have easily packaged the samples in a plastic baggie, they went the extra mile and included an actual makeup bag and since it's a freebie, you can't beat it. Thanks Smashbox & Ulta!

You can check out the bag and add it to your cart here, i'm sure quantities are limited so snatch yours up soon. Ulta stores have a nasty habit of not having their promo gifts in stock or having so few that they run out, if you're looking to redeem this offer in stores, I suggest calling ahead and making sure that they have it.

If you recently placed a qualifying order but didn't receive this, print out your receipt, call your local Ulta and explain the situation. You should be able to go and pick it up. This also applies to any other promo or free gift item, provided that it is not an online exclusive and is in stock.

Update: This promo is no longer available

Much love and Happy Holidays xo

No comments:

Post a Comment