Monday, April 1, 2013

Favorite Product Of The Month - March

Hey lovelies! Wow, March is officially over and here we are at April, looking forward to spring! It is that time again, my favorite beauty pick of the month. This month was quite easy for me since as of late I have been enjoying a quick "get up and go" routine. Since I have been so busy this month, I have been utilizing very subtle eye makeup with bright, in your face lips to complete my look and make my face pop. My obsession for March has been "blood orange" lips and so, Scarlet Ibis has seen quite a bit of love. However, one other lip product really became my go to for this month and that is why I chose it.


Since Scarlet Ibis is a very daring lipstick; I know that for some it may be too much and I love this lip pencil for that very reason. On days where I am craving an orange lip but, I do not feel like breaking out full on saturated color, this is my choice: NYX Slim Lip Pencil in "Pumpkin". It is a gorgeous bright orange/coral with a hint of golden shimmer. When I purchased this awhile back, I was initially hesitant because I failed to realize that there was shimmer involved. This awesome pencil was two steps away from being returned! Thankfully, the gold shimmer blends into my lips flawlessly and instead of overbearing sparkles, I get gorgeous color. Even with my lips being as naturally pigmented as they are, Pumpkin still shows up perfectly. The greatest thing? Versatility! Depending on the lighting, Pumpkin can look full on orange or have a red or pink tint.


These lip pencils glide on well and blend with very minimal effort but they lack the creamy aspect of traditional lip liners, they have a semi dry feel. I actually prefer this texture because it stays put and the pigment does not slide around my lips and settle into lines or crevices. (I have Hot Red as well). With my MAC Prep + Prime, this lasts for a few good hours before fading to a nice stain. Without primer, eating/drinking of course wears the color down but surprisingly I am still left a nice color on my lips although, it ends up being more on my lip line than anywhere else! My favorite thing about this? Like Scarlet Ibis, Pumpkin really brightens up my face and helps me to look more awake. Which is quite appreciated on early, on-the-go days.

Overall, would I re-purchase this? Absolutely! I have been wearing this lip liner under all of my lipstick no matter what shade and even of its own. It is perfect for that hint of brightness; I really adore how it just pulls together my entire look and makes it a lot more interesting than my standard red or pink lip.

You can purchase these lip pencils here and here

Retail: $3.49 // 0.04 oz

Much love & Happy April Fools Day! xo

4 comments:

  1. I just picked up the NYX lip liner in Hot Pink and I'm loving the formula too! I'll definitely be picking up more and I'll have to add this color to my list! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick this color up, it's gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. thank u so much for voting me!

    new post
    G <3

    ReplyDelete