Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The "Wet" Brush

Is it possible to love a hair tool quite this much? Tangled hair is something that a lot of us deal with on a day to day basis and if your tresses are like mine, I am sure that you have let out more than a few curse words while trying to battle your unruly tangles (I know I have). I have known about the wet brush for awhile but, I never really paid attention to it (I wish I would have sooner), that all changed when my local salon got an order of them in and I immediately purchased one, it couldn't hurt right? I am sure that I am not the only person to scoff at the idea of a simple brush being able to effortlessly work through my extreme kinks. It sounds too good to be true right? I was all too prepared to be returning this brush a few days after purchasing. Amazingly, this is the best hair care tool that I have purchased since my Instyler. Return it? I think not.


Brushing my mane has been on more than one occasion, an absolute nightmare. My hair is thick, dry, frizzy and tangles all too easily especially when washed. Not even a wide tooth comb could successfully battle my locks; only after applying mountains of product and almost ripping through my hair would it become manageable. As you can imagine, I was at my wits end with having clumps constantly matted into my old brush.

This is what I mean by residual hair
To the naked eye, the wet brush looks like any other ordinary hairbrush, the bristles do not appear to be any different but, somehow it works. I am honestly fascinated as this is the first time that I have EVER used a brush with only a few strands coming out, a far cry from the usual ball of hair. I use this brush daily when my hair is both wet and dry, I have been seeing the same results with absolutely no problems. Even though I love this brush, I do see where it can be improved upon. Number one, because the bristles are so closely spaced, cleaning and removing any left over hair is a complete pain. Secondly, the handle is a bit shorter than I am used to and it ends up feeling a bit odd when held. Nevertheless, this is the only brush that I can see myself using from now on and I cannot rave about it enough! Seriously, stop reading and go find it! Would I re-purchase this? In the words of Mr. Big from Sex and the City, ABSO- F*****- LUTELY.

This brush retails anywhere from $10 - $15

You can purchase here and here

Much love xo








10 comments:

  1. Oh I need! I'm going to go out and find this tomorrow...I have the same problems with my unruly hair. I definitely do the most damage to it when I try to brush it when its wet...I feel like I'm literally ripping my hair out! THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! This brush has been a lifesaver for my hair, I too was ripping hair out with my old brushes :(

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much lovely, I hope you continue to check out my blog :) I'll check out your blog as soon as I get the chance; I know it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower, I love your blog!
    Would love if you could check out my blog x

    http://kateexo.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read and follow my blog! I followed you back lovely :)

      Delete
  4. http://eldeliciamua.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    i nominated you , el xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nomination and thank you for checking out my blog! xo

      Delete
  5. I've had this brush for a little over a year now! and I LOVE it - can't brush my hair with anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here lovely!! I'm in love with this brush, I can't believe it works

      Delete
    2. Also, thank you so much for the follow. I really appreciate it!

      Delete