Monday, June 3, 2013

Papa

Good morning lovelies, I know that some of you have probably been wondering exactly why I have been absent for the past two weeks. Before I explain, I would like to apologize for seemingly abandoning my blog, that was never and has never been my intention. I've typed and re-typed this post twenty times or more because what I am about to say still doesn't feel real.


I woke up one morning with five wonderful felines and by nightfall on the very same day, I went to bed with only four. One of my furbabies that I've loved and cared for since I was a child, passed away very suddenly and the days without him here have yet to feel real. It is with an immensely heavy heart that I write this post.

I still remember the very first day that I met my little guy, I was walking down the street and out from between a couple of houses came a pint sized, starving cat with an injured foot, he walked right up to me and mewed. I bent down, picked him up and took him home. It was one of the best decisions that I have ever made in my entire life.

Over the years I watched the same tiny cat blossom into a strong, handsome guy that loved to jump on top of the refrigerator and sleep while we drove ourselves insane searching around the house for him, of course to find him hours later fast asleep behind a box of frosted flakes.

I would give anything to see him run around the house playing or have him curl up in my lap just one more time. I hope he knows how much I love him and I hope that he has found peace along with plenty of fluffy beds, tuna, and his favorite moving mouse toy.

I love you Papa

I miss you every. single. day.




4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news =( Stay strong hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss!!! Stay strong and cry your eyes out!
    I lost my dear old Oliver 3,5 years ago and it still hurts. He was the best man a girl could ask for! aww.. now I'm sobbing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My deepest sympathies hun. I absolutely understand what you're going through. I have 4 kitties myself, and I've lost a few true feline friends as well. 2 years ago I actually witnessed my cat have a heart attack in front of me and pass, I had that poor baby for 12 years. They're more than just pets, they're family.

    I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, remember the best thing to do is comfort yourself with your other babies. I'm sure they need you just as much as you need them right now!

    Lots of love, Cookie <3

    ReplyDelete